Dwarf Mail Server
Dwarf Mail Server is a full-featured mail server with SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 support and a powerful
built-in infrastructure for application message processing.
- multithreaded server
- dynamically adjusted number of active threads
- ESMTP, POP3 and IMAP4rev1 protocol implementation
- 8BITMIME, AUTH, DSN, ETRN, SIZE, STARTTLS extensions to SMTP
- SASL, STLS, TOP, UIDL, USER extensions to POP3
- ACL, AUTH, ID, LITERAL+, LOGINDISABLED, NAMESPACE, STARTTLS extensions to
- fast message receiving/storing based on unparsed byte streams
- public server API for mail, user data and access control list storage
- universal MIME parser with public API and fast memory-efficient implementation
- robust SMTP server architecture with flexible mail queue design
- simultaneous deliveries to local mailboxes and remote SMTP hosts
- transparent Delivery System Notification (DSN) mechanism
- extensible support for virtual mail hosts in SMTP/POP3/IMAP4 servers
- application logic layer provided by mail filters and mail agents
- server-independent authentication and authorization
- sample JSP-based webmail interface
- basic mailing list support
- runtime configuration
- built-in SSL support
- full documentation with tutorials
- coding examples with source code
See installation instructions
for the system requirements.
New features and changes in version 1.1.3:
This is only a maintenance version with some bugfixes and minor improvements.
Please report bugs via the Gnome Ltd.
See the company web site
for more information about the Dwarf Mail Server and other products.
Overview of distribution files:
README-1ST.MAIL.txt - basic information and the quick start guide
index_mail.html - entry point to the product documentation
conf/samples/mail/java.policy - Java policy
conf/samples/mail/jaaa.policy - subject-based policy
conf/samples/mail/java_restricted.policy - restricted Java policy
conf/samples/mail/xxxxx/ - configuration files for the sample applications
lib/dwarf_mail.jar - Dwarf Mail Server class library
doc/mail/ - product documentation
doc/mail/api/ - API documentation
www/samples/mail/ - web content of the sample applications
Return to the main page.
Copyright (c) 2004-2005, Gnome Ltd. All rights reserved.